147 Head Unit Replacement - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
147 Head Unit Replacement

Hi Guys,

I apologise if there is another thread concerning this, after looking through eight pages and endless searching i decided to open a new thread for my enquiry.

I would like to know if anyone sells a converter to hook up either clarions/alpine or pioneer head units to the console so that i can still get some stats on the driver panel like the factory default.

Is there also a face plate that i can buy so that i can install the above and not have the funny looking gap all around the head unit.

To all who have installed another head unit in place of their factory one, what advise could u offer me.

Thanks for all the help guys.

Sponsored Links
AO Member

Member car:

Mazda 3 Saloon

Re: 147 Head Unit Replacement

Your choices for an aftermarket headunit are limited to Blaupunkt, Sony and some other german brand I forget the name of.

Blaupunkt make their own adapter cables for 147 to their headunits to give wheel controls but not the remote display.

There is a Sony adapter listed on one obscure german website but there is no ordering info for it. They also list the adapter for the unknown german brand

The best option at the moment is a Blaupunkt Los Angeles MP72 headunit as its a good match for the silver dash that it slots into.

Yes there are also silver coloured facia adapters available from various places

Attached pics of my MP72

Last edited by RIOT; 21-09-04 at 18:28.

Member car:

147 1.6 T.S.

You can go to blaupunkt's page here and press on the link Virtuelles Armaturenbrett . This pops up a "virtual dashboard" window so you can see how all blaupunkt stereos look on 147's dash.
Also these gray facias surrounding the head unit are widely available, just ask a specialized shop.

Hope this helps

Thanks Guys for the help,

I am just looking for the gray facias so that i don't have a gap surrounding my head unit.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

147 , head , replacement , unit