Another central locking problem! - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 22-06-11 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

156 Sport

Another central locking problem!

I've read through countless threads about the key fobs and central locking, but can't seem to find a solution to my particular problem. Apologies if I've duplicated a thread, I just can't find a thread with this particular problem.

The keyfob will arm and disarm the alarm and open the boot, but won't unlock or lock the doors. The central locking works fine with the key, opening and unlocking all the doors.

As it is I have to lock the doors with the key and then set the alarm on the key fob.

I've tried all the suggestions I can, including disconnecting the battery, replacing the key fob battery, trying various combinations of disarm, lock, unlock, arm, etc.

Anything else I can try or could it be a relay that triggers the central locking from the key fob?

The car is a 55 reg 156 Sport JTDm 1.9. I've just bought it to replace my old and slightly infirm '99 Selespeed and apart from the key problem it's a great car! I'm really not missing the old selespeed gearbox. Hateful thing that it was! ;-)

Sponsored Links
(Post Link) post #2 of 2 Old 23-06-11 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

156 Sport

Oh, in addition to the above:

I have two key fobs with the car. One key fob will arm/disarm the alarm and open the boot, the other does nothing even with a fresh battery.

Both key blades open the doors and as mentioned above, the central locking works fine from the key, opening and closing every door every time.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

central , locking , problem