Front And Rear Subframes Same - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 19-06-11 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: South Yorkshire
Front And Rear Subframes Same

Just a quick one i seen a complete front and rear subframe with suspension brakes and wheels etc off a 156 2.0 and im in need of a lot of suspension/steering bits for my 156 2.4 jtd sw and just wondered wether they would be same any help would be great as i think it a baragain and will help me out big time cheers
Sponsored Links
AO Gold Member
County: Buckinghamshire
Springs will be too soft for that heavy 5-cyl engine. Brakes are the same at the front, but rear depends on the age of the donor car (early saloons had smaller rear discs and different calipers).

You could just be replacing your problems with another set ... how do you know the donor parts aren't as worn as yours?

Last edited by gazza82; 20-06-11 at 16:47.
(Post Link) post #3 of 3 Old 20-06-11 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: South Yorkshire
hey mate cheers for reply he says the springs and dampers are uprated the springs are stiffer and lower and dampers uprated and was only fitted last year basically he has advertised front and rear subframes complete with brakes suspension wheels steering rack etc for 190 so thought was quite cheap and would hopefully rectify a lot of my problems cheaper then new ones for now im a technician myself so know wot to look out for just wondered if they were same fitment as on mine cos wasnt sure normally on lowering kits ive seen it says suitable for all applications as the springs are stronger ive noticed from past experiance what do you think mate.
cheerz for reply

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

front , rear , subframe , subframes , suspension