i cant put my finger on exactly where i went wrong, but rushin has something to do with it.
I finished my rebuild, and was in a hurry to get the head back on the car before leaving the country. Thinking about it, is most likely the point where you tension the camshaft pulleys, i most likely didnt tighten the 4 intake pulley bolts to the correct torque (i.e. not enough), and stupidly not rechecking the timing setting before cranking the engine. costly mistake, but i have learnt my lesson!
I changed the cambelt no problem 3 months before, but i had a mysterious oil seapage into my header tank. Did a compression test and found that cylinders 1 thro 3 were 200 and 4 was 220. So decided to take off the head and do a rebuild at the same time. Found my head gasket to have a deformation between layers.
thats how it all started. and its been soo long since the car has been back together.