Wiper Linkage - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 15-06-11 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Durham
Cry Like A Baby Wiper Linkage

Yeps, just like so many others my wiper linkage (well that plastic pivot thing on the drivers side) went SNAP!. GRUMBLE

After reading on here and conting breaker yards, who sell them for about 30-40 but can't guarantee the plastic bit is still in tact.

Then I read the superglue and fiberglass repair, thought I can do that too!
I used Araldite (epoxy glue) and Apart from the fact that fiberglass was sold out at my local carshop so instead I bought and used liquid steel (expoxy glue + steel putty). Total cost 11

Everything disassembled, lined up, glued and 2 screws as splices, let dry for 1 hours, then 2nd layer of glue, let dry once more, then 1st layer of liquid steel, dry for 2 hours and then 2nd layer of liquid steel.

Once everything was dried up and looked pretty solid we re-assembled the whole lot: linkage with 3 bolts, scuttle thingy with 5 torx and 2 phillips head screws, then wipers with 2 bolts.

Tested the lot - luckily I was at the inlaws in Warrington and it always rains at the other side of the Penines - worked perfectly!

On the way home wipers worked perfectly and then suddenly near Wetherby SNAP! (once again). I guess the torrential rain and doing 70mph put to much stress on too soon and am left with the same problem as before the weekend.

I am not one of the wealthiest around and I certainly don't have 100+ spare for repairs.

Who has got a spare linkage for little or knows where to get one without costing me both arms and legs?

Cheers guys

PS. Just friggin hope the rain stays away here up north
Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
County: Staffordshire
ive currently got 3 of them pm me if interested. thanks neil

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

linkage , wiper