alfa 147 JTD 16v Clutch - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 14-06-11 Thread Starter
County: Anglesey
alfa 147 JTD 16v Clutch

Ok Just bought a Lusso 16v JTD, very happy with the car even though prior to this I have always owned performance vws, but as they say change is as good as .... Anyhow Car drives superb but the clutch seems to only have about half an inch at very bottom to play with and can feel a bit heavy, also the gearbox can feel a bit notchy, it also might be slipping a bit but hard to tell as its only slight, I am thinking its a clutch jobby but a garage has just quoted 1000 for doing this, I have changed many gearboxes and clutches myself but as mentioned above only on vws, (16v, g60 and a corrado with 20v turbo) and these were all quite easy however looking at the lusso everything is much harder to get at, I have also read that it may be a bent actuator fork, but have no idea where this is located or how to tell if bent, I should also mention the history says that the clutch master cylinder was changed 12 months ago.

Sorry about the ramble but any pointers would be most welcome.

Cheers Sam
Sponsored Links
County: Denbighshire

Member car:

Hi, this happened to me also. It started as a stiff clutch and there was the odd occasion when I couldn't get a gear the first time I tried. Then one day the clutch failed altogether - it was sighted as the stiff clutch causing the bearing to pull off the forks - anyway the solution was a new clutch at a cost of around 700. Hopefully yours isn't as bad as mine, but you should certainly get it looked at.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

147 , 16v , alfa , clutch , gearbox , jtd