147 3 Door with Leather - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Help 147 3 Door with Leather

As many may know, my 147 JTD 16V is in the garage at the mo with clutch failure. In the mean time though I have been given the coutesy car and again it is a JTD 16V, the same as mine except it has leather seats (mine are velour) and it is a 3 dr (mine is a 5). This is the second time I have had a coutesy car (the last one being a 1.6 3dr with leather also) and I have found that the pair of them sound tinnier inside (and also when you shut the door outside) and the road noise is considerably louder than mine. I am thinking that the leather does not absorb, or deaden the sound like the velour and maybe the 3 dr does not have as much sound proofing in the doors as a fiver. As anyone else noticed this It also seems to effect the sound quality of the stereo too. All 3 have a standard non-Bose setup and tweeking the stereo's to the same settings, my car sounds excellent and the leather 3drs were rubbish I weighed the car on the weighbridge the other day (as I wanted to know the exact weight as I tow) and the handbook said 1310KG's and to my horror it weighed 1480KG'S. That is a full 170KG's more the quoted factor and I have to extra options! I think that the JTD 16V's and the 5 door version in particular have masses of sound proofing in it to justify this figure and also mine is VERY quiet inside too.

I have to say when I was looking at the 147 JTD 16V before it was released I wanted the Bose setup, but as I decided to buy a showroom car, it did not come with one. However, with mine I love the bass I get from the standard system, but looking at it now if I had of got a 3dr with leather I think the bose would have been a must as it seems bass light in these varients.

BTW - the JTD 16V I have on loan does seem to have a lighter clutch pedal than mine and the engine seems to be smoother at tickover in particular - does anyone know if Alfa have modified these models as I was one of the first people to own this model when it as launched in the U.K.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

147 , door , leather