GT 3.2 V6 Loosing Coolant/Water - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 10-06-11 Thread Starter
County: Cambridgeshire
GT 3.2 V6 Loosing Coolant/Water

Hi Guys,

I've had my GT less than a month and only done 300 miles (100 of that was back from the place I bought it).

Whilst going though a bit of an engine bay clean up I've noticed that there was hardly any water in the reservoir so well lower than the min. The garage serviced before I took ownership so should of been full a month ago, even still that is too low for comfort even if they had forgotten.

Initially no visible signs of a leak, I have receipts for a new radiator fitted this Feb. As It had hit the 70k miles mark It had been suggested that it could be the head gasket. Jamie at Alfa (Thank you :-) ) was kind enough to show me how to bubble test to identify a head gasket problem, however that test was fine.

Any whoo I took her out for a spin tonight, on return had an inspection and noticed water behind the engine.

Pictures speak a thousand words, or in this case just a few ;-)

Where is the most likely source for this splash/leak? and would that be a likely cause for loosing a fair whack of water over the last 3 weeks?

Thanks in advance,
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG0174.jpg (80.0 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0173.jpg (73.5 KB, 20 views)
Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: Hertfordshire

Member car:

GT 3.2 V6

Mine was leaking from perished rubber seals between the metal bit that radiator/heater pipes fit on to and the engine block!....possible cause?!? A 54 plate with 46000 miles.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

coolant or water , loosing