Changing instrument lights - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 4 Old 13-09-04 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

Changing instrument lights

I'm guessing that this isn't going to be easy, just from reading other posts on how hard Alfa make it to change a bulb in the headlights. My speedo is darker towards the top right so I'm guessing the bulb has gone, has anyone changed these yet and could you tell me how it all comes apart?
Sponsored Links
AO Gold Member
County: Buckinghamshire
Re: Changing instrument lights

I did my rev counter, but the speedo should be similar. See (156: Rev Counter Illumination)

Take out the screw holding the black surround in, and pull the surround out gently. I think there's a spring clip so take care.

Take out the screws holding the speedo to the dash. Try not to drop them down the back!

Then carefully pull unit forwards as there are two electrical connectors. Speedo is electrically driven so no cables to undo. Unplug these and the whole speedo is in you hand.

The bulb holders are the 90 degree twist type, and the bulbs those very small glass push-fit type. If I remember rightly it was a 1amp bulb. They are too small to have anything written on them! I got mine from Halfords.

cheers, Gary

HIS: 1998 156 2.0 TSpark with Sport Pack 2, sunroof and hi-level spoiler in Alfa Rosso. V6 intake mod, clear side repeaters and Zeatek undertray.

HERS: 2009 MiTo 1.4 95bhp Turismo arrived 21st November in Techno Grey with colour-coded headlight surrounds.

"If you're driving on the edge ... you're leaving too much room!"
My Alfa156 Web Site - how-to's, piccies, links, useful stuff, etc.

Last edited by gazza82; 13-09-04 at 12:59. Reason: added thread link
Martin Livingstone

Try flicking it with your finger nail - hurts but works!

Take heed!

Change ALL the bulbs while the speedo is out or a week later one of the ones you don`t change will blow because the speedo was disturbed.

Hang on, the other cluster will look dull in comparison so you have to change them as well!

Note... I work for Audi NOT Halfords.. Drive alfa by choice!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

changing , instrument , lights