Mental electrical fault - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 10-06-11 Thread Starter
County: Suffolk

Member car:

Alfa 156 2.5v6

Mental electrical fault

Hello all, need help. Have just changed the diff in my 156 v6 as the old one shattered, all is working o.k but I have been doing the odd hour here and there to get it done so the battery has been off for approx 6mths. The problem is the electrics, car starts and runs fine but o/s indicators stay on, main beam light and bulb failure light also do the same on the dash, the horn buzzes at the relay but doesn't work and a buzz comes from light stalk when you switch them on(but they don't actually come on). This doesn't happen straight away until you try and use one of the above. here's the odd bit....I connected my handeld diagnostics terminal to find no fault codes (didn't expect to) but everything works properly but as soon as it's disconnected it goes back to very broken electrics...please help cause I'm pulling my hair out and I don't have much left as it is. Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: -
Have you checked all the fuses?
AO Gold Member
County: Merseyside

Member car:

156 1.9 mjet 16v

disconnect battery and charge and refit in morning and check charging voltage see if former cures it or did you jump battery ?

oh and put heater in car to get rid of moisture thats being silly buggers with your electrics

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

electrical , fault , mental