Front wheel bearing which way does it all come out - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 1 Old 08-06-11 Thread Starter
Club Member
Membro Premio
Club Member Number: 1014
County: Dorset
Front wheel bearing which way does it all come out

Ok so most of you know I'm doing a brembo brake conversion and I'm trying to get as much done as possible before taking my JTD of the road. I used other threads to get most of the info regarding disassembly except for one part which isn't quite clear. I have the GTA upright with hub pressed out (it pulled the front race out with it) Now I can see you can buy a new bearing with the front flange/support already attached which I am going to do. I have undone the four bolts and broken the abs sensor off which now leaves me with the rear race still in place and the flange/support pretty much welded to the upright. so.....

1. which way does the rear race come out. do you press it from the back?
2. If so can I just use thr press to press the rear race out and push the support off the front too in one go?
3. If no then how do I get the support off the front as even though the four bolts are out it won't budge. Not even with a hammer ?
4. Once point 3 is done how then how do I get the rear race out. press it from the back or press it from the front?

cheers guys

BMW E12 M535i, JC racing diff, Gaz coilover, Powerflex.
Alfa 156 GTA, Q2, Super sprint, CF2, EQ, KW coilovers, Eibach rollbars, Powerflex.
Alfa Mito QV , BMC filter.

GitList Member but not as high as Keithy! No Gibbo....I don't need a haircut AO Troublemaker! You have been warned

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

bearing , front , wheel