Music To Drive By - Page 2 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
AO Member
County: Cumbria
Re: Music To Drive By

Varies in the 156. Neil Young, Foos, Ramones, Tom Mcrae, Scott Walker, everything but dance music.
In the Spider; nothing, have a radio casette fitted to fill the hole but no speakers, rather listen to the engine (and rattles)
Sponsored Links
AO Member

Member car:

Alfa 147 1.6 T-S

I've putted a CD in from occulus - a UK-band who was playing in the streets of Montpellier - nice tunes to drive by
AO Member

Different tunes for mood & all that but:-

Rap hits (my compilation) of the late 90's/2000, such as Jay Z's 'Can get a....' , NAZ & Missy, certainly goes down well while belting on the A26 in France

some pumping US (style) garage like Todd Edwards, MAW, etc for the Saturday nights

Grover Washington Jnr, in particular his 'Come Morning' LP (East River Drive; Come Morning, etc) is a SOLID MUST for cruising home in the early hours of a(Sun) morning, just as the sun is coming up.....

soul classics like The Controllers 'Stay', Dayton 'The Sound of Music', Cameo, Leeroy Hutson are great for those mellow Sunday afternoons.

as you've probably gathered, I don't drive much during the week.

Last edited by Veloc_Gee; 16-09-04 at 18:04.
AO Member

Originally Posted by Toxic
After the wicked experience of MikeRuss (R'n'B) what music is best for driving? And I'm NOT talking about the prats with bass boxes or whatever they call them.

An Italian opera perhaps or classic rock or simply pop. Any views out there in Alfa Land?

Although I listen to heavy music at home I find it makes me drive more aggressively when I listen to it in the car. I drive a 156 and find it is best driven when listening to something lighter (never listened to classical music but I can see how an Italian Opera would go down well).

I listen to all sorts of music and at the minute I'm playing Bowie, Clapton and Billy Joel whilst driving.
AO Silver Member
County: Hampshire

Depends on how i want to drive.
As a rough guide I find if i listen to something with a bpm just over my heartrate (or twice my heartrate) at rest i'll drive enthusiastically, just under my heartrate (or twice my heartrate) and i'm chilled.

E.G. (and these numbers are for example only and are typical for song bpms) - if my heart rate is 60bpm, listening to something 120-140 bpm will have me nipping in and out everywhere and revving where i can, 140-150bpm and my foot stays down on the accelerator,
150-160bpm and i'm steering with me teeth.
Conversely 100-119bpm and i'll let anybody out in front of me at 20 paces,
90-100bpm has me falling asleep.

Quinn is Tintin, Q is Betty Boop, LeeBex is Mr Benn, Wrinxy Jinxy is a whole Agatha Christie suspense novel by himself. AJ's not a bear but BazzaKarhu the earth pig is. Debs is the Essex Pink Orange fiend. Jason is Marlon, i'm Marlon, Marlon is Spartacus. Chris155 (Andy's dad) ate all the pies. AlfaJack, you b*stard! Jimbo's a superstar. Speedy, Barry, San and Thompatruck turn into pumpkins at midnight.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

drive , music