I have seen the light..... - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 6 Old 07-09-04 Thread Starter
AO Gold Member

Member car:

Edna Mode!

I have seen the light.....

.....and I concluded that I don't like the 156 facelift afterall. The more facelifted 156's I see, the more I realise that this facelift is actually a step back from where the 156 came from. The design of the 'old' 156 and especially the Sportwagon are simply brilliant. The facelift looks like it's been fiddled with and squeezed into a truelly beautiful design.

I'm affraid the same will happen with the facelift for the 147

The facelifted 166 however is definitely the best facelift I have ever seen. This is one unique facelift in that the car actually looks better with the facelift than without.

Just my 2p

I don't need no one to tell me about heaven, I look at my son and daughter and I believe.

Quote of the month: "Extremist ideas bring NON-tolerance as a result, because people having their face stuck up so deep in their Ar5e that they can't smell nor are interested in other's 5hit!"
Sponsored Links
Global Mod Team

Member car:

Alfa 156 GTA SW

Re: I have seen the light.....

Rick'll probably mess his trousers with excitement when he reads this

Don't you know the unspoken AO rule Mel? Even if you do hate the facelift, you have to pretend you love it, to stop Rick saying he told us so
AO Member
County: Greater London

Mel, don't be bonkers all the time. Give yourself a day off. You are being blinded by the light.

The facelifted 156 makes the car look a bit more grown-up and serious and rather less laid back. My previous 156 was the classic design and I loved it dearly.

But when I was forced to replace it, I felt that the facelift was where it's at and that going for the original front would have been a retrograde step. I also like what Giugiaro did to the back, a a subtle aspect which is often overlooked.

Either way, hopefully this will become a fairly academic argument since the 158 will be the thing from next spring. Of course, I guess it's a fairly safe bet that the grill area on the 158 is likely to look more like the current 166/156/147 than the classic 156.

By the way, I do agree that the 166 (always a fabulous design) looks great in it's current form. A friend of mine was showing me pictures of the Cadillacs they are now trying to sell in Europe. He thought they looked good until I showed him some pix of the 166. No contest. Best regards,

Get ready for the Saturday night...
AO Platinum Member
County: Porto

Member car:

Alfa 159 QV

Sadiki, as we say here "late but present"!
AO Platinum Member

Member car:

1750GTV 147Lusso

Thumbs Up Re: I have seen the light.....

Well I've never given it much thought but now Mr Bonkers somes to mention it, I believe he could be absolutely factamundo bloody Nora ****-on with everything he has to say.
AO Platinum Member
County: Porto

Member car:

Alfa 159 QV

And p1ssing his pants!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT