Fuel Injection Warning Light displayed - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 1 Old 30-05-11 Thread Starter
County: Edinburgh

Member car:

156 1.8 T Spark

Fuel Injection Warning Light displayed

Hi Folks,

Well from the last time I posted things went from the ridiculous to the insane 1500 to get another engine and clutch...Oh and timer belt. Then another 1000 to get it through its MOT. Got the car back from McClennans in November (Can't praise them enough!!!!...Spot on )

Both rear shock absorbers collapsed in December....Due I think to the very bad weather we had here....Unfortunately they collapsed on to of the NEW rear tyres shredding them in the process!!!......Another 300. Not gonna mention the amount of bulbs it's gone thru......

Anyway, to cut a short story long......Warning light came on yesterday. It's the fuel injection light. Car is juddering away and stalling when we (the Wife and I) don't keep the accelerator depressed. Alternatively, the car (stopped referring to it as her!) has a mind of it's own and appears to over rev!!

What I want to know is this a catastrophic failure, gonna cost thousands or something that can be easily repaired?

Fingers X'd its the latter.....Well overspent on this monster already!!!!!

Still, on a positive note, the bodywork is in good nick!!!!!....And it's still a good lookin car

Any, urgent, feedback would be great.

Thanks and kind regards.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

displayed , fuel , injection , light , warning