Join Date: May 2011
Location: United Kingdom
County: East Riding of Yorkshire
156 remote locking
I just bought my 156 1.8, and my battery died, the remote locking would not then work, I had been searching the site for answers and tried different combinations, like changing the battery in the key fob, and disconnecting the main battery, but all failed.
I know it's not the end of the world, but i read a thread about if you sit in your car and press the boot remote, and the remote locking button together, this might resync them, well this worked for me so here goes
1.open the car with the normal key
2. when in side manually lock the doors by pushing the lock down on the drivers side
3. Press at the same time the boot and remote locking button on your key
4. the flashing light on the key fob then stayed on constantly
5. Next get out of the car opening the drivers door handle
6. Then close the door, and manually lock the door with your key.
7. then try remotely opening the door with the remote button
It worked for me,it might have been a few things that happened all at once, and may be i got lucky,