Some problems with my 147 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 21-05-11 Thread Starter
County: Hertfordshire
Some problems with my 147

Alright guys n gals its that time again.

I only just became a 147 owner and i have some questions i can't seem to find anywhere on the internet of Auto-data.

In fact that one of my problems how come there is very little information on the 147's As in Haynes manuals or Remove/Replace data.

I Recently replaced my Gear linkage Cables which in hine-sight was a dog of a job Afla engineering aren't mechanic friendly.

Now that i have gear movement, i really have to fight with the gear stick in the side to side motion, I'm suspecting the Gear selector plate and bushes. But i can't seem to track a replacement down.

Firstly am i right in thinking that the Gear Selector plate would be the main suspect in this problem?

And secondly.. The Car was stood still for some months before i got my hands on it and as a result there seems to be two electrical problems that i can't seem to explain.

The Mileage keeps flashing
and the CD player has no life in it at all..
(I've tracked fuses and wires its getting power but not coming on)

Any help would be grateful, Even if it borders on the insane.

Sponsored Links
AO Gold Member
County: Perth and Kinross

Gearstick - change the selector bushes in the turret on top of the gearbox (clean the hole thoroughly too)

Flashing odo - needs a proxy alignment performed on the CAN bus (FiatECUscan can do this).

Radio - maybe it's just broken!
(Post Link) post #3 of 3 Old 21-05-11 Thread Starter
County: Hertfordshire
Ahh That's very comforting to know that i might be able to just deep clean and copper grease some bushes on the pivot pin on top of the Gear box.

Would the Use of FiatECUscan identify if there is a problem with the CD unit?
I've basically never used it before and don't know much about it.

If not I've replaced CD units before but from what i understand from this unit is that it isn't a plug n play system and will have to be coded with the ECU to recognize it.

And any idea of how to Remove it as i can only see 6 small holes on the front panel nothing else, Is it a special tool job? Plus i don't want to damage the center console.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

147 , problems