Ok, so my last (hopefully for along time!) fault, and i'm needing a little help!
I know there are a tonne of threads already on this - too many to read through fully tbh - but i've not found anything thats really jumped out at me!
Basically - I have an airbag light on, and have done since taking the car over a fortnight ago. The previous (and only) owner has also had trouble with this. I have found three receipts relating to airbag fault finding!
The first two are main dealer: re-seated connectors in boot, fault cleared.
The third receipt says 'investigated - replaced ecu - fault cleared'
By ecu, i'm presuming this is the part in the steering wheel??
Anyway, PO said the light came back on pretty much immediately after this work was done.
So, since i've had the car i've re-seated the curtain connectors in the boot, and reseated the connectors under the seats - whether or not this has done any good i dont know!
Looking on FES - i have the following:
08 - Driver Squib Circuit - Value too low - Present -152
The Airbag activating circuit indicated by the code is shorted to Ground. This may be caused by a faulty circuit, Squib or ECU.
Inspect the wiring and connectors for opens, shorts and weak connections.
Observe the following safety rules:
- Do NOT place anything on the steering wheel or dash, or work directly in front of them.
- Turn the Key OFF and wait at least for 10 minutes, then disconnect the battery and wait for 15 minutes before unplugging the Airbag connectors.
- Inspect the wiring and connectors for weak connections or damage.
- Reassemble the connectors in the reverse order, and reconnect the battery as the last step.
- Turn the ignition on and erase all the fault codes. Cycle the key off for a few minutes, then back on and check the fault codes.
The car had a bump on the nose a couple of years back (PO drove into garage door). I have asked if this caused the airbags to deploy and was told they didn't.
Any suggestions on where to look next??