vibrations at idle - 1.9 JTDm
Sorry if I'm posting again the same problem, but I managed to go trough the existing threads and I have performed most of the operations described there and I still have the issue. I just joind this forum and I hope that somebody here can give me a hand.
As the title says I have the most tricky porblem that a JTD engine can develop. It vibrates (engine and car) at idle - the whole car vibrates and as soon as I step on the acceleration and the rpom goes arround 1000 the vibrations stops.
Operations performed without succes:
- reflashed the original SW (the car has now > 170 BHP) - no change
- replaced 3 engine mounts (the one that is on the right side was not changed but checked tens of times and it's ok) - some improvements detected, but considering 2 of them were broken that is a normal thing
- relpaced air and diesel filters - no improvement
- cleaned the MAF and tested with new one - no improvement
- tested with new Pierburg valve - no improvement
- checked the vacuum pipes - ok
- used wyn's injector cleaner - no improvement
- FIATECUScan-ed and no errors - injectors have highest correction +/-1 - normally the values are arround +/- 0.35 ---- +/- 0.8 - should not be a problem - as far as I understood about injectors the problem is when you have more then +/- 2 correction values
So all the mentioned operations did not lead to a fixing of the issue. Only an improvement has been noticed when changing the engine mounts.
The last question that I have is related to the injected amount at idle. The FIATECUScan indicate a ~4 mm3/i at idle. I did not managed to find the factory specified values but by scanning some frieds cars in parallel I noticed that the same engine had ~6.5 and ~7 the quantity at idle. I suspect there is something related to this. Does anybody can tell me how can I improve this value?
I am driving an Alfa, that means I exist.