Smoking 72 gulia 2000 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 11-05-11 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Benguela

Member car:

Smoking 72 gulia 2000

Hi Im the owner of a 1972 Gulia GTV 2000, up untill now i have had very few problems with the car and it has never produced any smoke of any kind, but recently and within a shot space of time the car has started producing a lot of white smoke. the car does not produce smoke from start up and only starts producing smoke after it has been running for about 5-7 minutes, and the smoking then stops gradually as the car warms up to optimal running temperature, has any one els had this problem and does any one know what the problem may be so i can fix this, the car also starts, idles and runs well from cold and hot and i hav'nt noticed a drop in power so far.

please help me
Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
County: West Yorkshire
You have this in the wrong forum, it needs to be in the classics section. But just a thought on your question, are you loosing brake fluid?. A frequently seen problem is failure of the servo's which starts dumping brake fluid into the intake manifold, it burns white and hence leaves a white smoke trail. Worth checking as obviously if you burn all of it you will be in trouble.
AO Gold Member
County: Buckinghamshire
Not just condensation is it?

Although if you are in Angola, I don't know whether the temperature gets low enough to cause that. It's something we get a lot in the UK in winter when the exhaust gases are warmer than the surrounding air .. a bit like us breathing out.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

2000 , gulia , smoking