Passenger Door Rattle - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 6 Old 22-08-04 Thread Starter
Passenger Door Rattle

Ever since getting the GT, there has been a rattle from the passenger door when we went over grids/poor road surface. Anyway took a day off work on Friday to take it into Mangoletsi. Dropped it off at 10 am, asked them to call me when they had finished with it. I also asked them to look at the small flaps which are in front of each rear wheel arch. Both are loose, and have rubbed against the tyre and sheared off.

Anyway at 4pm I called and it would be ready in 30 minutes. Went to pick it up and was told that after fixing the passenger door, when they road tested it there was a rattle from the driver's dor so they took that apart and "fixed it" too. They'd not touched the flaps.

Drove off and the bleeding passenger door was rattling away. P155ed off I turned back and went back in. Guy was apologetic and came out in the car to hear for himself. Was in total agreement that it wasn't acceptible, and said that they would arrange for a courtesy car to be dropped off and they would take the GT away. He said he would call on Saturday.......still waiting.

I went to Mangoletsi because I thought that they had a better reputation than other dealers, but I'm beginning to wonder now.

PS anyone else noticed the flaps on the rear arch rubbing/breaking on the GT?
Sponsored Links
Re: Passenger Door Rattle

Why not casually mention you are doing an article on the GT for the AROC Magazine - presume you have read the interview with Fraser Hudson, you never know, it might improve the service they give you

On a different subject, have you seen this -
AO Member

I have a GT and the flaps are not rubbing but have bits broken off in
the center of the flaps on the rear arahs
AO Silver Member
County: West Yorkshire

Haven't got a GT myself, but I know someone who has.....he broke the flaps as well
Sounds like a design problem.
(Post Link) post #5 of 6 Old 13-09-04 Thread Starter

right thought I'd update this. I've been away to Spain for a week, and Mangoletsi collected the GT a week last Thursday, told me that they had booked a day for it, but it may be Friday. I stupidly told them to take them time as I was going away for a week. Anyway had a mate that kept coming round to the house to check it had been returned. On friday he texted me to say that it wasn't back, so I rang them from Spain and was told it might me Monday or Tuesday before I got it back, but someone would call me on Friday afternoon. No one called. Rang them this morning and they guy I spoke to wasn't sure what was hapenning with it but would find out and ring me back. 10 minutes later he called to say they had been waiting for a couple of parts, one of which cam today and the other is due tomorrow, so should get ot back on Wednesday. I'm not bothered about the timescale really, I just wish someone would let me know. I'd prefer that they called me to say it needs parts, they need to get them from Italy and will keep me informed. It just pees me off that they don't call.
When I went back after discovering that the rattle hadn't been fixed, bloke said he would ring me on the following day (Sat). No call then so I rang on Monday, said he was trying to sort it out and would call me the following day. No call again, so I rang the next day. I was prepared to prove that Mangoletsi did not follow the trend of poor customer service, but I'm afraid to say that they do. It really bugs me that when someone says that they will call on a specific day they don't and I have to do the chasing.
A letter to Alfa GB will follow (for what its worth). This will be the last time I buy and Alfa from an authorised dealer, may be the last Alfa I have. Planned to keep the GT for approx 8 years, so I've got many more years of misery ahead.
AO Member

Member car:

Alfa Romeo GT

This kind of thing seems to be endemic to Alfa dealers...I have been struggling to get even the easiest things fixed on my GT 3.2, and the resaons, from where I stand, range from sloppyness, to plain lack of skill on the product...

I can go on and on, I am even thinking of selling the car (which I love) because I simply don't have enough TIME to waste on dealer visits etc...

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

door , passenger , rattle