Howdy all. Finished work early today and decided to swap in some new pads and discs.
Let's start by saying - the passenger side was done in 50 mins from jack on to jack off. The drivers side took a little more than that as I sussed some stuff out. Issues? None really.
Well, the caliper mounting bolts would be a zillion percent easier if you could get a socket on the bottom one, but that was no biggie.
I used a Laser 1314 rewind tool, and it was a doddle to screw back the caliper.
Cleaned everything up and pondered tidying up the smoothrite I'd applied recently......naah!
On the drivers side I had to (AGAIN) saw the disc mounting bolt - though, happily, not on the passenger side.
I can't believe that the little brake pad carrier clips aren't consumables that come with the pads. They're completely "femma" and made out of tin foil. One was slightly bent, and I had to reshape it a little - half wondered if that little beggar was responsible for the squeaking lately.
The caliper mounting allowed me to get the old discs off easy, but I was nervous about wiggling a new disc in. Sure enough it wasn't going in, so I removed the top bolt and that seemed to afford enough "give".
Everything went back on with copperslip in the right places. All in all, very rewarding and I didn't have to post an emergency thread or ring Keithyboy for spiritual guidance. I've tidied up and there are no spare bits on the drive, and I can account for all my spanners.
I took her for a spin and everything seems good and the squeak has gone.
I'm happily sore now and enjoying cider no 2.
I thanks you for listening.