Group 1 Car Seat for Alfa 147 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 06-05-11 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

Alfa 166 Ti

Group 1 Car Seat for Alfa 147

My wife has an 03 reg 147 (5 door) and we have been trying out group 1 car seats for the baby (9 months plus). We have had conflicting opinions about the suitability of the Maxi Cosi Priori XP. One shop said there could be an issue with buckle crunch, whereas another shop said it is fine for her car. Could any listees who own a 147, and have or have had a group 1 seat for their child, let me know what they would recommend. I am wondering if some shops are just over cautious as there is not a universal view on what might be suitable. We have also looked at Britax so we are not limiting ourselves to Maxi Cosi. If anyone could tell me whether their seat also fits a 166, then that would be a bonus. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
AO Platinum Member
County: Oxfordshire
If I were you I would go down to Halfords and try a few in the car.

We have a Britax Evolva plus, and a Mama's and Papa's Moto, both of which are group 1,2,3

Both fit well in both my BMW and our Puma. I cannot see why they wouldn't fit in a 147 or 166, but it would be worth trying before buying.

You can always try them in Halfords, then buy elsewhere if you find cheaper.
AO Member
I have 2 x Maxi Cosi Priori SPS seats (because of twins) in my 5-door 147, and I find them to be very very good, compared to some other seats. I have no issues about buckles. Lots of other baby seats can not be properly tightened to a car seat, and I find maxi cosi system to be very good in this field, especially since it is without IsoFix. Priori XP is even better compared to Priori SPS, since it is basically a same seat, but with an additional handle for belt tensioning.

Also, I can't see why fitting to a 166 would be a problem...I have tried to move the seats in some other cars (33, Renault Clio, Scenic) and found no problems.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

147 , alfa , car , group , seat