Another air con problem - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 03-05-11 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Staffordshire

Member car:

GT 1.9 JTDm

Another air con problem

Getting a little warm whilst out driving on Sunday I turned the temperature dial down and pushed the aircon button which illuminated ok but it didn't seem to be doing much cooling.

The car is a 2006 GT 1.9JTDm with dual zone climate. Is there anything I can check myself or is it time to hand it over to the professionals? (I'm good with electrics - not so good with the mechanical side of things)

Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: Hampshire
If you're lucky you'll get away with a simple regas. Depending where you go this should cost £50 - £90 this time of year. If you regas it, it's cold again for a few hours then goes hot again you've got a leak!

I had this on my GT, the high pressure pipe coming off the compressor had a crack and needed to be replaced. The part was about £70 odd. It's possible to fit yourself however the front bumper has to come off. It would probably take a garage 2hrs and £350 - £400 to do the job. If you're a well meaning amateur give yourself a good 4 hrs. It's not that hard, it just takes a bit of time if you haven't done it before. Best of all you'll be saving yourself a few hundred notes in the process.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

air , con , problem