Help me spend my money. - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 1 Old 01-05-11 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Dorset

Member car:

Toyota Auris TR

Help me spend my money.

Morning all,

Got a bit of a bonus at work so now have some monies to spent on my car and need some advice on where I should be spending it and what quality I should be going for.

Car was serviced in Feb this year and was given the below advisories.

Exhaust heatsheild broken (split between fixings and is starting to vibrate) - part about 40.00 and looks like I can fit it myself but is it worth painting it first with some block paint just to make it look nicer?

Front arch liners broken - again not expensive but do look like a PITA to fit and both broken, is it an easier job than it looks like and can I do it myself?

Slight play in lower suspension arms - Are any of the OEM ones worth bothering with or should I be looking at genuine Alfa parts only on these and should I just do the tops while I'm at it?

Back box is rusty and rubbers are worn but think I've found a solution to that locally (will get some pics up when it's done)

Axillary belt is also worn but as I believe this is a cover off job I have been advised by the garage that it will be OK to leave it till next service when I have to get the cam belt done anyway.

Thanks for reading the essay, just need to know where I should be starting and what should be top of the list!!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

money , spend