2.4 jtd aux belt change? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 29-04-11 Thread Starter

County: Essex

Member car:

2.4 jtd aux belt change?

Hi,

I need to change just the aux belt on my 2002 2.4 jtd 10v, the tensioner was changed last year, but ive notice the belt has a tear in it and needs replacing. I have bought the new belt and was wondering if there was an easy guide on how to just change the belt?

many thanks James
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Member

County: South Yorkshire
hi mate did mine yesterday ended up winding it on by the crankshaft pulley there are 2 tensioners your spring loaded oneyou may be able to turn with the 17mm on the pulley if the bolt is tight and then the roller tensioner next to crank shaft pulley undo the bolt going through that it will give u some more play if al else fails like it did for me have some1 at the top using a pry bar to push the belt on the tensioner idler and u push it on the crank shaft pulley whilst turning it on to the pulley bit by bit working as a team mine then tension the roller tensioner and make sure u tighten the bolt after hope this helps mate
AO Member

County: Lancashire

Member car:

156 2.4 JTD

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul_fleetwood View Post
hi mate did mine yesterday ended up winding it on by the crankshaft pulley there are 2 tensioners your spring loaded oneyou may be able to turn with the 17mm on the pulley if the bolt is tight and then the roller tensioner next to crank shaft pulley undo the bolt going through that it will give u some more play if al else fails like it did for me have some1 at the top using a pry bar to push the belt on the tensioner idler and u push it on the crank shaft pulley whilst turning it on to the pulley bit by bit working as a team mine then tension the roller tensioner and make sure u tighten the bolt after hope this helps mate
And breathe.................

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

Tags
aux , belt , change , jtd