Breaking problems when engine changed... - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 1 Old 28-04-11 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Stara Zagora
Breaking problems when engine changed...

I recently changed engines between my 156's, one will be used only for trackdays, with 2.5V6 engine,transfered from my other car, now with 2.0TS.......
Track car was stationary for 2 months, discs bit rusty, but after 80 - 100km still no that breaking performance that i really get used to it. Today i removed ABS lead and with hard breaking from 80kmh, i just hear tyres to the road - when ABS on, it kicks only after really hard the other hand my 2.0TS breaks like hell, just touch the pedal and great bite.
Did not change servos when changed engines.......when i remove vacuum hose from the intake when car 20 min off, i'm unable to blow or suck into it, and that's OK, when remove the valve from servo, pssssstttt can be heard, so it holds vacuum......i noticed that when on idle and break pedal hardly pressed, when i blip the gas and breaks pedal goes for another 20-30mm down......
Any ideas, what can cause this????
Have spare servo, break master cyl, ABS unit, and if unable to find the cause, maybe will change it all.......

Rear Wheel Drive Mid - Engined Alfa 156 3.0 V6 '99 - trackday car
Alfa 156 2.0 TS '00 - daily car

Fiat Coupe 20VTurbo, GT2860RS,
water-meth injection 120cc, custom manifold, 3" Downpipe, FMIC - entertainment car

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

breaking , changed , engine , problems