I hope this issue can be resolved as I have yet to find an accurate answer.
What is the correct temperature range for the TS engine on a 156, while standing at Idle (say at a stop light) and A/C switched off?
Below is the screenshot of the FIATECUSCAN graph from my bella. Is 88 to 98 Celsius considered overheating?
And just to set the background correctly:
1. Rad is cleaned.
2. Temp Sender unit replaced.
3. Oil (Agip Racing 10w60) and Paraflu to the max. no signs of gasket and leak issues.
4. Thermostat seems fine - cold upper pipe until around 90 then hot.
5. Regular legal driving needle is just below 90.
6. Low speed fan kicks in at around 96, cuts off at around 92. Resistor is fine.
7. Idle around 850 when engine is warm.
8. Engine relatively new (less than 50,000 Km) and replaced recently with water pump and timing.
9. When A/C is on, variations are much much lower - and needle hovers on the 90.
10. Switching lights on and off does not vary the reading - so this does not seem like a grounding bias issue.
11. Battery needs replacing although no clear signs (selespeed faults or other).
I hear mixed feedbacks from different people. Some say this is standard behaviour. Others, that there might be an issue - but cannot tell what. I have never seen an original Alfa specification that states the temp variations.