I downloaded the free version of FiatECUScan for my 02 Alfa 156 2.0 JTS, then bought and modified a vagcom KKL interface a per the instructions on FiatECUScans website.
I managed to clear my engine warning light with it after rewiring my lambda connecters instead of getting a new CAT as the dealer suggested
Now the problems I have had are as follows...
1) FiatECUScan says my car has done 8##,###km which is horribly wrong
2) It recons the first time the ECU was programmed was in 2020 not 2002.
3) It says the car has a Allied MY 97 airbag system but thinks it should be a MY 99 system
4) Every time I connect to the ABS/Power Steering the on board display lights up to tell me I have a system failure but then goes away once it has been disconnected.
So what I want to know is...
1) Do you think the full version of FiatECUScan any better?
2) Does alfadiag have the same problems or any problems at all?
3) Does the FiatECUScan wiring work or is it better to connect to the ECU, power steering and ABS separately?
I modified the kkl cable as follows: Disconnected the PCB from pin 7 and connected it to the common of a toggle switch, one pole of the switch is connected to pins 1,7,9 (ABS, ECU, Power steering) and the other to pin 3 (SRS).
Any insight or comments about similar problems would be greatly received