147 alarm problem - help!! - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 24-04-11 Thread Starter
County: -

Member car:

alfa 147

147 alarm problem - help!!

Hi Alfa people,

Hoping you can help me with this...I have an Alfa 147 (2002) and having been away for the weekend, I returned home to find the battery had gone flat. (I think I may have left a light on or something.) Anyway, when I came to jump start it, the alam was triggered and the usual method of deactivating the alarm (via the button on the keyfob) didn't work, even though there was power to the bettery (the headlights were on).

So the alarm went on & on for what seemed like an age (OK, probs about 10mins, but my poor neighbours probs thought it was an age) and then seemed to time out - thank the Lord!!

I don't dare try to jump start it again in case the alarm goes off.

What I am wondering is why oh why won't the keyfob deactivate the bloody alarm!? Would the keyfob have somehow 'forgotten' which car it belongs to? (The keyfob has fresh batteries and is working fine and have tried spare keyfob which also doesn't work.)

Any ideas Alfa people? Thanks so much in advance.

Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: Wiltshire

Member car:

Alfa 147

will be watching this thread for advice as think i have a similar situation!! Battery dead and didnt want to risk opening the car with the key manually as didnt want to trigger the alarm on Easter Sunday and not be able to switch it off. I have seen on here that you can stop the alarm by putting the key in the ignition and starting the engine but I didnt think that'd work with mine as the battery is dead. UGH.
AO Member
County: -
You need to disconnect battery and charge prior to doing anything else, jump starting is a bad idea and likely to cause more harm than good, manually open doors to see if it deactivates alarm worst comes to worst your neighbors have to deal with an alarm going off for ten minutes again.

Jump starting can fry your ECU so you may attempt to ignore the above and keep your neighbors happy and end up costing yourself quite a bit of money, good luck and I hope you have no further issues after charging.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

147 , alarm , problem