So I've had my awesome 147 1.6 for a few weeks and got MCSF error come up.
Plugged in Laptop with FiatECUScan and its this :
The ECU has run out of range in adapting the mixture in reference to the O2 Sensor signal (multiplicative adaptation) and/or in reference to the engine running conditions (additive adaptation).
- Engine Temperature sensor/circuit defective, but the signal still in realistic range.
- Fuel Pressure incorrect
- Fuel Injector(s) leaking
- Fuel Injectors clogged
- Incomplete combustion (ignition or compression problem, excess O2 in the exhaust)
- Vacuum leak (lean mixture)
- Oxygen Sensor defective or contaminated with silica (Voltage change extremely slow)
- Exhaust system leak upstream of the O2 Sensor (stray air brings extra O2 making the mixture to appear lean)
- Fuel Evaporation Control system defective
- vehicle driven out of fuel (tank empty)
The reason for this fault is that ECU has received very high signal from the sensor. The fault is present now. Take appropriate action to fix this sensor fault. Dashboard warning light was activated for this fault.
I've had the car fully serviced with Cambelt etc last week so I know its fine, I'm guessing this is just a sensor failure.
I cleared the error when it first come up, it went away for a week and now its come back again.
I've looked through alot of the threads on this forum over the past week or so and people seem to point to various things so I thought I would post the full error and see what people thought?
Should I just garage this and pay the cost or is it easy to troubleshoot and fix yourself?
Thanks in advance