Today I damaged my front bumber due to foolish persistence. I was trying to align LH side bumber with the wing (it was offset since day one 1 year ago). I stratched the paint with the screwdriver and trying to fix it I also damaged the glossy top coat in a bigger area. It looks like !!!! now. I went to the local bodyshop and he suggested a respray either as a spot repair or having the wole bumber painted.
My bella is an ALFA 156 2003 (OLD STYLE NOSE) with DUPONT 694 GRIZZIO STERLING.
Now could you please advise by experience:
1. Do you think 694 can be matched, provided that the bodyshop uses SIKKENS and not DUPONT paints? (694 has two colour codes in dupont kataloques, whereas sikkens has one).
2. Without considering money, what should I choose a spot repair or a whole respray? (silvers sometimes show spray edges when spot sprayed).
3. Is the black grill in the bootom of the bumber easily removable or they will destroy retaining clips and then glue it in place?
4. Are front bumber water jets removable?
5. Finally do yoy think that it is worth the effort or I will get a worst result (colour mismatches, damages to adjacent parts, etc)
Thank you for your patience, any advice will be highly appreciated