Alfa Workshop - Page 2 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Club Member
Membro Premio
Club Member Number: 643
County: Kent
Check out my post above & Puds. Jamie / Autolusso will do it for 380 even with Variator ( I am sure they only charge for part if done as part of cambelt change ). You are still looking @ 480 less than your total parts + labour 532.
Sponsored Links
(Post Link) post #27 of 28 Old 14-04-11 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Kent
guiliasuper - I did a check on the price through your link and the cost of variator, cambelt and water pump comes to 525 inc labour, not sure if I am doing something wrong or am being thick!!!! The garage I am looking at using would change me 196 inc VAT labour plus if I get the parts 245 so total - 441
AO Member
County: North Wales
Help - may need to replace water pump and cam belt

Hi - posted my mito problem (overheating) the other day and a couple of responses have come back saying probably water pump (it's done 62,000 miles and it's a 1.6 JTDM).

Trying to decide what to do - my local Alfa garage has closed, should I take it to the next nearest(Cheshire) or another none Alfa garage. Also, I use to get my previous cars (non Alfa) fixed by a local guy - stopped using him because I had warranty but that has now ceased.

Is it worth buying arts from Alfa workshop (I think you can do that?) and getting my local man to do it?

Really fed up because got this problem, could do with 2 new tyres and next service due in 300 miles. Had my gearbox replaced before the warranty expired too and I am aware that seems to be a problem (ie will it go again).

Don't know whether to cut my losses and trade in against another Alfa or other used car

Any advice???

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

alfa , workshop