156 woes - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 1 Old 12-04-11 Thread Starter
AO Member
156 woes

I have a few problems with my 2.0jts 156
I have had the engine warning light coming on intermittently with reduced power. When i plug in the code reader 0120 comes up relating to the throttle position sensor. The light came on yesterday so as usual i would pull over switch off and back on to restore power, the light would usually go back out on its own. This time it stayed on reduced power so i went to check the throttle sensor plugs. Apparently there is a plug behind the glovebox that causes bother, i can't find it, anyone got a picture of what it looks like?
The engine now when started goes up to 3000rpm then settles to a rough idle with a misfire. I have a blow in the centre exhaust pipe and when i had a look underneath the flexi looks suspect also as the braid looks detached at the front and is rattling.
When checking the engine fault codes i had were 0120, 1687 and another i can't remember 11**. When reseting the light the engine light immediately reappears with only 1687 showing. What is this? and what effect would a possibly split flexi have on this? How much are they OE and are the ebay one's any good for 48?

Thanks in advance

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

156 , woes