How to diagnose source of vibration?
Good mornin' all
I'm looking for some help to diagnose a source of vibration in a 147 JTD.
As its a 2003 diesel with 135k, I don't expect her to run silently but the noise currently emanating is beyond normal and started fairly recently.
- the sound is obvious when sitting idle but when raising the revs over >1K; it disappears
- it doesn't appear to make any difference if the engine is hot/cold
- engine shudder when shutting off ignition quickly
I'm finding it hard to identify if its a belt/pulley or whether its simply a vibrating cover... or other?
I've had some recent history of potentially noise-related issues...
Scheduled Cambelt + Water pump change
- including a service with oil change - 10W40 replaced with 5W30
- observed noise from aux belt, so booked in for Jan
Observed problem with tensioner
- Aux belt and tensioner changed
- Slave cylinder replacement
Tensioner failure when driving (assumed to be a faulty part)
- New tensioner fitted
Based on the history, I'm hoping someone more knowledgeable than me might be able to identify the issue, before I bring her back to the garage.
- Could the Tensioner failure indicate some underlying problem?
- Could the change to the lighter 5W30 increase the 'natural' engine rattle?
Would appreciate any suggestions or advice to help identify the source, cheers!