Mods to compete with cooperS?? - Page 3 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #51 of 52 Old 03-08-04 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

147 2L Lusso

Re: Mods to compete with cooperS??

Originally Posted by droemmen
Get the Autodelta camshafts + the remap, get a better exhaust sytem (you can find some without too much noise), get a pair of drilled disks and better pads. If you have money left a limited slip differential (with a percent near to 30) can make a huge difference in the car's cornering ability without any significant loss in the steering wheel comfort.
Check the AO shop for most of the prices...
LSD is a bit to pricey for me after I get the the cams and remap done, do I need to replace the front and back discs or are front/ back more efficient. Are the braided pipes really required if I get the new discs, Which is the cheapest exhuast i can get to give me the 5% needed (which will keep the original 147 sound - I dont want it sounding anything other than stock, or atleast indestinguishable to the untrained ear.) I think my problem with the cornereing is my tyres, I had a greater realisation of this today when taking a corner a little to fast in the heavy rain and the car just continued to go on in a massive understeer, so hopefully better tires will sort that, can I fit toyo proxies to the alfa as they have phoenominal grip even in the wet. Or is there another recomendation you guys can give max prive for a set of 4 is 250.

Sponsored Links
AO Member
Re: Mods to compete with cooperS??

It's ok, skip the LSD until you'll have the money, anyway it's applicable for track-like roads
About the brakes, get the mod done first and then depending on money left and necessity you make your choice. For that kind of power increase you could get away with only new pads and a pair of drilled to the front.

The exhaust is a big issue for me too, don't make the same mistake I did, whichever you choose ask about the noise levels first. I think that Supersprint has a quiet and a louder version. If you get the mods at Autodelta ask Jano I'm sure he can help you with that, he's a kind fellow...

About the tires, I take it you 're asking about the standard 2L size, I'm sorry I don't know, I had 17" since I got the car, so I have experience about bigger tires (215/45/17), but search the forum I'm sure you'll find something.

Macchina Vivente

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

compete , coopers , mods