My First ever Alfa 156 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 31-03-11 Thread Starter
County: Suffolk

Member car:

156 1.8 TS

Wave My First ever Alfa 156

Hi, At last i have got to drive my new Alfa, as i did want to pay for a whole months tax, when it was only 13 days till the end of the month. But at last i got the tax and gave her a little run.

Well what can i say she drives great seeing she is a 1999 on a T, with 120k on the clock, she handled well and pulled well and soon rattled round to 80 on the main road.

Darn Exhaust seems to resinate a little on over run, so need to crawl underneath and have a look, but really impressed, seeing as i only paid 500 and she came with a Full years MOT.

Been checking out the forums as i have a rattling noise like it has a diesel rattle at idle but this passes as you drive.

Checked the history out like a little boy, any excuse to go and see her sitting outside, think its the variator, thinking about getting the Cam-belt done and think i need a new variator as she seems to be slightly hesitant on hard acceleration, welcome your views. Had a couple of quotes and they have been as much as i paid for the car, may wait a little while before i shell out again, as i had better put some aside for our holiday or the wife might get a little annoyed.

Saw the meeting at Duxford hoping to attend just got to check whats going on at home but hope to get there to get some ideas.

I posted a thread the other day as the wipers packed up when i got in her the other day whilst waiting for the tax, people suggested it was the Motor, but then out of the blue they started working, must be an Alfa thing, just hope my future tender loving care will keep her going as i was grinning when i drove her tonight.
Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: Bristol

Member car:

vw t4 & 156 Sele

these Alfa's are awesome cars but they do require keeping on top off on maintenance, and servicing, and timing belts etc. Cars are not cheap to keep up together but if you do what pleasure and moths in wallet.....
AO Member
County: Northamptonshire
hi got my 156 about 16 months ago and i love it ! does the service history say when the cambelt was last changed ? the interval is 3 years or 36,000 miles ( whichever comes first ), i know its an expensive job but you really cant let it go overdue.
the diesel noise will be the variator had it on mine at first, get it done as part of the cambelt replacement.
other than that just make sure the oil level is high cos they are known to drink it although mine isnt too bad, and just enjoy it, great cars and im still hoping mine can last forever !
im hoping to make it duxford so hope you can bring it along

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

156 , alfa