v6 breather system querey - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 31-03-11 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Surrey

Member car:

2000 156 2.5 v6

v6 breather system querey

Hi there,

I'm currently painting rocker covers and plenum etc, and bought replacement parts to paint without taking my car off the road.
Now the problem I've just noticed is that the replacement rocker covers, which are now painted, have the outlets for the breather hoses in different locations to my original ones in my car. My car has the outlets for the breather hoses on just the rear bank cover, to the left rear and front right as you look at engine.

Is this a problem, or just a case of re routing the hoses to new outlets which will be one on the front and one on the rear rocker cover.

Richard Yeo
Prototype Development Technician
McLaren Technology Centre
Chertsey Road
Sponsored Links
Sounds like youve bought a CF3 cover for a CF2 car but you can modify the hoses to work with it. The problem with this is you don't have the mounts to bolt the oil breathers and the little tank/filter to it

Edit, misread what you were saying, thought you were talking about the plenum chamber...you're missing the breather out let from the rear bank cover aren't you? It'll be a faff but you may be able to get it to work. I've done it before. You really need to look at a cf3 set up and decide what you need to bin and keep.

TBH, it would be wiser to start again with the right type.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

breather , querey , system