156 Turbo problems - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 30-03-11 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Gauteng

Member car:

03 156 V6 SW

156 Turbo problems

Turbocharged the 2.5 v6, everything is working as it should except for one thing. Engine light comes on and into limp mode it goes...

This is what I've done. t3t4 turbo, 38mm external gate and 7th injector running off a hub switch. The sequential BOV will be fitted today and it will maybe sort out the problem but the funny thing is that you can boost as you want just as long as you drive smoothly. Any aggresive changes in the throttle will set off the engine light and force it into limp mode. can't see that the turbo will cause this as the turbo only boosts .5 sooooooo..... i think it's beacause it's a 2002 model and the cats are completely removed.

Can anyone tell me the affects of a '02 model with removed catalytic convertors??
Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
County: West Yorkshire
double check n triple check all your pipe work...........make sure all clamps are tight.........thats the place id start of first.....split pipes and insecure ones can make probs especialy if u have had them off

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

156 , problems , turbo