Sportwagon locking mechanism - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 4 Old 28-03-11 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Cambridgeshire

Member car:

Ford Focus

Sportwagon locking mechanism

On Friday evening, I braked to avoid a Jack Russell. Guy behind in a Jaguar S-Type hits the back of my car (and drives off). Fortunately there's not much damage cosmetically (cracked bumper), but of more worry is the fact I now cannot lock my car and the boot won't stay down. It seems to be bouncing off something and in its natural state it's in the position when you've popped the boot. However, if pressed down, it seems to fit flush.

Has anyone had similar issues? I was hoping to cannibilise a dead sportwagon's locking mechanism from That Place In Bedford I Can't Remember The Name Or Number Of. Has anyone written a guide for this kind of thing?
The bit on the actual car seems fine but the bootlid section's taken a bit of a whack, but I don't really know where to start. My father, a more technically minded man than I*, has suggested drilling holes to fit. Seeing as this is an electrical AND mechanical issue, I'm not sure that's wise. Anyone got any ideas?
Thanks in advance

* I say technical, but he once disconnected the dishwasher without turning the water off. Entrusting Agnes into his hands doesn't appeal...

Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
County: Bedfordshire
I think you are thinking of AutoLusso who are near Dunstable
Club Member
Membro Premio
Club Member Number: 1014
County: Dorset
Its sounds like the mechanism is bent slightly. Open the boot and press the boot release button on the key. It it makes a click the solenoid is working. Now with a screwdriver use it like the locking ring by the bummer and push it up to lock the mechanism. Now press the little paddle with your finger and it should return to normal. If all this works then you need to adjust the ring a little which is trial and error I'm affraid. I've included some pics for you as my description is rubbish Hope that helps
Attached Images
File Type: jpg lock 1.jpg (36.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg lock2.jpg (38.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg lock3.jpg (29.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg lock4.jpg (29.4 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg lock5.jpg (109.7 KB, 0 views)

BMW E12 M535i, JC racing diff, Gaz coilover, Powerflex.
Alfa 156 GTA, Q2, Super sprint, CF2, EQ, KW coilovers, Eibach rollbars, Powerflex.
Alfa Mito QV , BMC filter.

GitList Member but not as high as Keithy! No Gibbo....I don't need a haircut AO Troublemaker! You have been warned
(Post Link) post #4 of 4 Old 29-03-11 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Cambridgeshire

Member car:

Ford Focus

Nice one, I'll try that!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

locking , mechanism , sportwagon