new clutch keeps loosing pressure - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 27-03-11 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Cumbria

Member car:

gt 1.9 jtd

new clutch keeps loosing pressure

Just had new clutch fitted, picked the car up and the next day when getting in to go to work I noticed the clutch had no pressure and was on the floor of the car. Contacted the garage, who came and towed it back. They bleed the system and it worked Ok for a day. Now every time I get in the clutch pedal has no pressure and needs pumping in order for it to work, although not has good as it should. On looking at the reservoir I have noticed that it appears to be leaking from underneath. Does anyone know if this could cause the problem, or I am looking at a new master cylinder or slave cylinder.
Sponsored Links
A leak at the reservoir wouldn't make it fill with air. Have a look for signs of leakage at the slave. I'm not sure if it's concentric on a 1.9 JTD. If it is, look for signs of a leak at the bottom of the box where it bolts to the engine. If there's no leak, chances are it's the master (but it's not guaranteed).

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

clutch , loosing , pressure