speed camera detectors ??? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 24-07-04 Thread Starter
AO Member
Idea speed camera detectors ???

hi all

im thinking about getting a speed camera detector (origin b2) any one got any points on these things?

a friend mentioned that they were going to be banned? but if cameras are fitted at blackspots and the origin is relaying blackspot information this means that the police arnt happy for you to be pre-warned and much prefer to hit you with a 60 quider - Thats illegal

this detector is lazor-defuser ready which would be nice to have but if you get caught i believe its obstuction in the eyes of plod. I know these contraptions are marketed at the auto-garage-door owner allowing him to open the garage without any key fob so i think as long as you have such a door they have to prove it was installed for evil purposes

any points guys

| scheduled service date has passed

Last edited by davidj; 25-07-04 at 09:17.
Sponsored Links
AO Member

Member car:

GT Monza 1.9JTDm

Re: speed camera detectors ???

Laser/Radar detectors are not illegal. They only give information and that is not illegal.
Only the units that jam the laser guns are illegal as they are deemed to be interfering with the course of justice. Doesn't matter if they are sold as garage door openers, if you are caught with one, they take it seriously.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

camera , detectors , speed