remote control & key synchronisation - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 5 Old 21-03-11 Thread Starter
County: West Yorkshire

Member car:

147 T spark

remote control & key synchronisation

I hope someone can help! I have recently bought a 2nd hand ***** 147 t spark.....all is good apart from the key is not synchronised with the alarm, central locking etc....I had a problem with the remote buttons on the key not working, at the time the alarm had to be activated so that i could get into the car to drive it home, i have been locking it manually since.....

The problem with the key is now fixed but the car alarm, central locking are no longer sychronised...........I have't got a code card either (

Any suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Try a thread search as key issues have been covered
many, many times before in this lounge.

AO Member
County: Kent

Member car:

156 2.5 v6 1998

try searching ebay under alfa keys "zaksystems! will reprogram for 25 quid but the downside you have to post and unless you have a spare key its shanks pony for a few days
AO Silver Member
County: Tyne and Wear

Member car:

a very dirty car

Originally Posted by ricksatluz View Post
try searching ebay under alfa keys "zaksystems! will reprogram for 25 quid but the downside you have to post and unless you have a spare key its shanks pony for a few days

Thanks for the plug but that isn't quite right. Key remotes are never reprogrammed, it's the case that are programmed to accept (sync) with the remote. Clearly I can't do this for you via the post (unless you post me your car too!).

Resyncing can usually be done manually if the remote simply stopped working the car after a minor fault or battery change, but if the car has been recoded at some point and so has forgotten this key, or if the key has been tried enough times that its cycle 'locks' out of sync (hard to explain without a huge essay, but for simplicity say it has been out of sync for a long time) then the car will need to be coded to the key again.

To do this you need your Alfa code from a dealer for approx 30-35 but then any mobile locksmith, decent garage or dealer can do the actual coding work from about 40. Obviously the dealer is the more expensive option.
AO Gold Member
County: Norfolk

Member car:

The remote locking part of the key can be reprogrammed to the car using FiatECUScan.
The immobiliser can't.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

control , key , remote , synchronisation