Wheel Alignment - Good Job Done! - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 1 Old 20-03-11 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member
County: Wiltshire
Well Happy Wheel Alignment - Good Job Done!

No this is not another "What setting Thread"!

I needed to get the alignment checked and through www.AlignMyCar.co.uk (5% discount voucher on the site, found a local company in Brentwood Essex called, wait for it ....... "SkidMarques", (01277 222896).

I was most impressed with their service, I was charged 50 (less 5%) 47.50 for a complete four wheel alignment using Hunter equipment. The front and rear were out of alignment: front 0.5 and 1.7mm toe-in (2.2mm total); rear 5.8 and 3.6mm toe-in (9.4mm total)

Given that the recommendation for lowered cars is 0mm front and 3mm rear, this was way out. They also found one trackrod end was seized and had to be freed using heat (and cooled down) before it could be adjusted. They worked on the car for over an hour to get it spot on. Makes you wonder about the previous company that did the check in October last year.

Damien who did the work commented on the quality of the suspension as the settings for camber were identical at the rear and only 0 degrees 09 minutes out on the front; that's Eibach for you.

The guys are really into cars and are well recommended.

Brilliant Blue 156 GTA SportWagon | Q2 | KW V1 Coil-overs | Eibach ARB | Wiecher Strut Bar | Wizard Cat-Back

2009 Fiat Panda 100 HP Stealth Edition

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

alignment , good , job , wheel