147 radio reception - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 5 Old 18-03-11 Thread Starter
County: West Sussex

Member car:

147 2.0TS Lusso

147 radio reception

Hi all from a new member.

I have just bought a 2001 147 2.0TS Lusso and have a couple of minor issues, the first I'd the reception on the radio. I have tried retuning and I can get great reception on a channel, but I drive 4-5 miles and lose reception. I retune to a different channel and the same happens. I cannot even get it to tune the nationwide channels.. BBC radio 1 or 2...
I have checked the connection of the antenna to the back of the head unit, and that is fine.
Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: Northumberland

Member car:

147 ts 2.0

Two things - first we would assume its the factory radio and you should confirm this
Secondly the threads under ICE Blue and Me cover a lot more and you may find something relevant on your radio in there.

However, assuming the ariel/antenna is good then it would seem to be a fault with the head unit. I suspect the ICE people would suggest swapping it for a new better model i.e kenwood seems popular.

We have a fault with our stock connect+ which we are considering either a frimware upgrade but will probably need a repair for. In our case we would like to keep the phone and Sat Nav which it includes for aesthetics and practicality.

There is good advice in the ICE threads but I am sure others will respond on here

Current cars: Vectra 150 SRi, Honda CRX Vxi, Alfa Romeo 147 2.0 TS Lusso
AO Silver Member
County: Derbyshire
I have a vague recollection of people having reception problems because of a faulty antenna amplifier. A search may bring up a relevant post.
County: Cork
I have the same issue with exactly the same model and year....but more just very poor reception...did you fix yours ??

Club Member
Membro Premio
Club Member Number: 857
County: Zuid Holland
A lot of people have found the problem is with the actual aerial....
Some people have changed the aerial in the past for a shorter version, for looks, which is detrimental for reception.
Also a number of people have ordered a new aerial via ebay,which greatly improved reception.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

147 , radio , reception