Fuel pump cut-out on JTD? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 1 Old 19-07-04 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member
Idea Fuel pump cut-out on JTD?

Had a "moment" this morning on the A34. Was, er, pressing on a bit when the engine just died. Nada, nothing, zip, zilch. Dashboard was lit up like a Christmas tree. Pulled in (not fun without Power Steering) and switched off, sat for a couple of minutes and tried starting. Engine turned over, but refused to start.

Called out the nice people with the big trucks and amber lights who arrived about 20 minutes later. In the meantime I tried starting the car again but again just got it to turn over without starting.

When the chap arrived he popped out the fuel system relay, checked the contacts and pushed it back in again. Tried starting it again and blow me, it started first time. The chap from the garage was happy that the relay was in correctly in the first place, so doesn't think it was that.

Now as I've got a PSi powerbox fitted, which increases the injector opening time, I was wondering if there was some kind of over-pressure trip switch on the fuel system. I should point out that I was gunning the daylights out of the car at the time.

Has anyone else had similar problems? Anyone aware of a cut-out on the fuel pump? Any reason why it would self-reset?

Bringing madness to an Off-road near you.

Alfaless, but mia cuore sportivo keeps beating.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

cutout , fuel , jtd , pump