im just curious - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 1 Old 07-03-11 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member
County: Galway
Hmmm im just curious

I may start getting on your nerves with all my questions and stories but im very curious about a few things 156 related.

1) When I get the car back to Ireland Ill need to the ARB bushes and upper and lower ball joints and I remember my mechanic saying that it will take about 2 days to do the whole job. why? is it so complicated? Ive got that hammering sound under the footwell when i go over bumps so i know its the bushes.

2) there is a hesitation at around 2000rpm and the car is sometimes hesitant to accelerate when in a higher gear so one of the guys on here advised me to change the MAF as it sounds like its on the way out. So Ive order the MAF which will be here next week. question is will i notice a significant improvement the moment i switch it over? and why do MAFs fail so regularly on the jtd?

and finally:

3) Ive cleaned the egr out a few months ago and all seems to be ok with no black smoke or huge lack in power, but Im thinking of ordering a new EGR just so I wont have to clean it all over again later on in the year - again if i change it now with the MAF what could i expect to achieve?

sorry again for the millionth time

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT