VDC Error : Parts Wanted - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 03-03-11 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: -
VDC Error : Parts Wanted

I've been fighting a fault with the ABS / VDC on my 2003 147 JTD 16V.

I've narrowed it down to a faulty Yaw / Lateral Acceleration module using FiatECUscan.

So I purchased a used one but the part number is slightly different.

Fitted the module and everything seemed OK until i switched the ingition off and back on again where I got a VDC failure error (ABS OK).
Anyway I found that if i clear the fault with FiatECUscan everything works ok until the next ignition power off and on.

I also found that if I swtich the ignition on off and on again quickly the error does not happen.

My thoughts are either the VDC system is scanning for the Yaw / Lateral Acceleration module but not finding the right one, or the Yaw / Lateral Acceleration module is not powering up fast enough for the VDC system scan.

Anyway I would like to find the right part number Yaw / Lateral Acceleration module.

The Yaw / Lateral Acceleration module is located behind the centre console kick panels on top of the gear stick tunnel right up against the bulkhead, it has 1 connector with 6 pins and is about 50mm x 25mm x 25mm in size with a sticker on the top showing BOSCH.

Part number I'm looking for is:-

0 265 005 277

If you have any Alfa's breaking (2.0TS or Diesel) please could you see if you have this item and let me know ASAP.

Also looking for 2 head lamp motors.

Call me on 07887 597051 or send me a PM

Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
County: Aberdeenshire

Member car:

147 GTA & GT JTD

I am also having issues with the VDC system on my 147, the YAW sensor is at fault according to FES. Looking through the receipts I have for the car it was replaced in 2007.
As the dealers are quoting me 180 +vat I am looking at other routes.

The bosch website has a parts listing and the YAW sensor for all 147's is 0 265 005 241
0 265 005 277 is listed as a 166 part

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

error , parts , vdc , wanted