vgt actuator - Page 2 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
County: -

Member car:

156 2.4 20v

Don't fool around with overboost issue. I drove my 156 2.4 jtd 20v for about a year with that problem. When i finally went to some experienced guys it turned out that not only VGT is stuck, but overboost caused turbo to spin too fast too often so it was damaged and i have to recondition it...costing me too much...they say that if i reacted immediately, it would be just an issue of cleaning turbo, not reconditioning...
Sponsored Links
Just a quick query on this thread... The vacuum in the actuator 'pulls' the rod on engine sartup (max vacuum, low revs turbo position), but where is the spring located that pulls the rod back to its high revs (low vac) position... I think my overboost problem may be caused by the vanes not going back quickly enough (as it's an erratic fault) and I've replaced everything else - pipes, solenoid, MAP...

Cheers folks!
AO Silver Member
County: West Yorkshire
on the ones we build the spring is in the actuator, but its possible your vanes are sooted up stopping them moving

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

actuator , vgt