"Scrapyard" Ignorance.. - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 5 Old 28-02-11 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Dublin
Crazed "Scrapyard" Ignorance..

So, I'm visiting this supposed 'dismantlers' this weekend. By the sounds of things, they seem a bit 'hack and saw'. However, I'm fed up waiting around for the other respected dismantlers in Dublin to get in the parts I need. I've been needing these parts for my 147 for ages now and just need to get it done!

I'm looking at
Front/Rear bumpers
Single Ignition coil
Exterior drivers door handle

Can anyone tell me what to keep an eye out for with these parts? Is there anything which breaks easy on the bumpers which I should check for?? I'd imaging it could be hard to get a 'refund' from these boys so I'd like to be certain that everything is A-OK before I buy from them.

Any help appreciated,
Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
County: Staffordshire
as we have discussed before i can post you everything but the bumpers. new pm on the way
AO Member
County: Worcestershire
Recommends the man italiaautoparts ^
AO Member
County: Northamptonshire
Aren't scrap yards rubbish these days? I remember going in, finding the bits you wanted and paying a very reasonable fee on the way out. I went to one recently for a simple piece of trim. After the safety briefing I was passed through 4 different people before we found a car I was allowed to take a piece off. But I wasn't allowed to do it myself, I had to explain to the foreign gentleman what tools he needed and how to remove the part then take it back to the "office" and get bent over for near enough what it would have cost to buy new from the stealers.
Are there any of the old ones left or has health and safety spoiled this aswell?
AO Silver Member
County: Staffordshire
That's why ive started my own business as in general scrap yards don't have a clue an break most bits when removing them. All my cars are stored in doors and I take all the bits off my self so no hanging around for someone to remove bits or to remove it yourself as there already on the shelf. Oh and I'm cheaper too lol

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

ignorance , scrapyard