147 Airbag fault code 0F - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    

(Post Link) post #1 of 5 Old 28-02-11 Thread Starter

147 Airbag fault code 0F

Hi all

I have just found a new airbag fault code which reads 0F-side airbag (passenger) on my 2002 alfa 147 1.6 lusso.
Does anyone know of this code and how to fix it?

Thanks
  3 Latest Threads by donnay
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
147 susension issues Alfa 147, 156 & GT Chris_gta 5 520 29-01-12 16:26
P0150 lamda 2 signal above & P1155 preheati... Alfa 147, 156 & GT 15 3278 15-11-11 21:58
Alfa 147/GT door cards Alfa 147, 156 & GT donnay 4 647 19-10-11 16:12
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

(Post Link) post #2 of 5 Old 28-02-11
AO Member

1: Turn off airbag with ignition key, (open passenger door insert key and turn to off on the side of the dash) as though you had a baby seat in the front. Turn on engine for a few mins then turn off, insert key into side of dash and turn the airbag back on.

If that doesnt work...

2: Try disconnecting the little white connector box under the passenger seat, should be clipped in place under the seat leave for 5 mins and then reconnect, light should go out after a couple of start ups...

3: Disconnect again and spray contacts with Electrical contact cleaner (from Halfrauds) and i mean really soak the contacts both ends leave for 5 mins or until it has evaporated and re-connect. Light should go out after a few start ups.

4: Seeing the age of your car and assuming the passenger seat has been used alot, either by people sitting on the seat or by sliding seat back and forth to let passengers in the back... its common for the sensor pad in the seat cushion has split (sensor pad tells the car to activate the passenger airbag when you have a passenger sitting down) (airbag will not go off in a crash if you dont have a passenger). This can be costly to replace as it means taking the seat apart replacing the sensor pad and re-covering. Hopefully its not this...

Also to bear in mind... not to keep bags on the passenger seat when driving as the right weight of even a heavy briefcase can effect the sensor pad in the cushion and cause unessecery wear.

Hope this helps

K
  (Post Link) post #3 of 5 Old 28-02-11
AO Member

Member car:

Rover 420 i.s

I think this relates to the side airbag on the passenger side (as in the curtain airbag which runs full length from back to front). The connector for this i think is behind the plastic trim where the rear seat belt goes through.
  (Post Link) post #4 of 5 Old 28-02-11
AO Member

Yup id second that too alfamender, id end up doing all of them in the past, even the drivers side... little blighters!
  (Post Link) post #5 of 5 Old 01-03-11 Thread Starter

Thanks for that, I have managed to clear the code with Fiatecuscan and the light is off for the moment (fingers crossed it stays like it) if it comes back on will try what you said.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

Tags
147 , airbag , code , fault

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page